Use sweet and tangy apples like Fuji, Gala or Macintosh—mix it up! The apple flavor is subtle and the candied walnuts are a sweet compliment. Core and freeze slices of your favorite apple. I recommend leaving peel on the apples or peeling only half the apple in order have some peel.
Ingredients: 2 frozen ripe bananas, 1 cup frozen apple slices, Maple Walnut topping
1. Slightly thaw your frozen fruit prior to putting through your yonanas maker
2. Insert 1⁄2 frozen banana
3. Insert 1⁄2 cup frozen apple slices
4. Insert 1 frozen banana
5. Add 1⁄2 cup frozen apple slices
6. Insert remaining frozen banana
7. Stir in bowl to combine
8. Add maple candied walnut topping
Maple Walnut Topping
Ingredients: ¼ cup chopped walnuts, 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1. Toast chopped walnuts in a skillet
2. Turn off heat and add maple syrup
3. Pour candied walnuts into a bowl to cool and harden.